Who Am I?

I am a Primary Science Teacher Fellow. The Teacher Fellowships are funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and administered by the Royal Society of New Zealand. The Fellowships are designed to support the effective teaching of science in primary and intermediate schools.
Teacher Fellows are placed in a science organisation for two terms to gain an appreciation of the Nature of Science - doing science work in a 'real life' setting. I am lucky enough to be hosted by Wellington Zoo.
To find out more about the Teacher Fellowships or see what other teachers are doing click the links in the side bar.

Monday 4 November 2013

Curriculum Day

On our second set of curriculum days we were learning about forces.
One activity we did was working in pairs to make vehicles using balloons, straws and meat trays. We had a competition to see whose vehicle went the furtherest in a straight line. We lined up two tables but we didn't really need them! 
The one I worked on with my partner Jane won - that's my story anyway.
Here's a picture of us hard at work, just to show it's not all fun and games.
I'm looking forward to coming back to school and sharing what I've learnt with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.