Who Am I?

I am a Primary Science Teacher Fellow. The Teacher Fellowships are funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and administered by the Royal Society of New Zealand. The Fellowships are designed to support the effective teaching of science in primary and intermediate schools.
Teacher Fellows are placed in a science organisation for two terms to gain an appreciation of the Nature of Science - doing science work in a 'real life' setting. I am lucky enough to be hosted by Wellington Zoo.
To find out more about the Teacher Fellowships or see what other teachers are doing click the links in the side bar.

Saturday 17 August 2013

Introduction

I have been at the zoo for a few weeks now and have had some amazing experiences being able to get up and close with some of the animals. Here I am feeding a red panda on my first day at the zoo.
I have met many other animals which I hope to share with you along the way, ask you lots of questions about them, and share my other experiences.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Haste it looks like fun feeding the panda.
    Rachel W

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very gentle animals Rachel. They have lovely soft fur. Did you know they are the only animal that grows hair on the bottom of their feet?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.